Windows 11 wants internet when you set up a new device. So we are going to show you how to install Windows 11 without internet connection.
During the initial installation of Windows 11, it wants to connect to the Internet. Microsoft wants you to create an account for your new device or during a fresh install using a data connection.
However, you might not want to create a Microsoft account and instead have a more traditional offline experience. Or, you may need to configure your PC and not have internet.
Luckily, there is a workaround you can use to bypass the internet requirement. So here is how you can install Windows 11 without internet connection.
Install Windows 11 without Internet
If you need to install Windows 11 without Internet, there are a few steps to follow. However, the process is simple.
To install Windows 11 without Internet, follow these steps:
- Go through the initial setup screens and select your country at the first out-of-the-box experience (OOBE).
- Next, choose your keyboard layout on the next OOBE screen.
- Click it Skip if you don’t need a second keyboard layout.
- When the “Let’s connect to a network” screen appears, tap Shift + F10 on your keyboard.
- In the Command Prompt window that appears, type the following command and press Walk in.
- Your PC will reboot and start OOBE again – enter your region and keyboard layout a second time.
- When the “We are going to connect you to a network” screen appears, click the I don’t have internet link.
- On the next OOBE screen, click Continue with limited configuration at the bottom right.
- Click it Accept when the EULA appears.
Create a local account on Windows 11
Now that you have passed the initial Internet connection request, you can create a local account by following the on-screen instructions.
To create a local account, follow these steps:
- Type the local user name and click Next.
- Type a the password for the local user account twice to confirm.
- Complete all three security issues necessary to recover the account if necessary.
- Choose the privacy settings you want to use for the PC and click Accept. Note that you can change your privacy options in the settings.
- Wait a few moments while Windows 11 is configured.
- After the installation process is complete, you can start using Windows 11 as a local user.
Using Windows 11
Now that you’ve installed Windows, you can start setting it up and using the operating system. This method works on both Windows 11 Home and Pro and avoids having to create a Microsoft account. However, it’s worth mentioning that your files will not sync with other machines where you use a Microsoft account.
If you’re not on Windows 11 yet, learn how to create a local user account on Windows 10.
Windows 11 has an overhauled user interface that you might not like, including a centered Start menu. The good news is that you can move the Start button to the left with minimal effort. You’ll also want to look at new features like widgets, team chat, and instant layouts.